This is a simple recipe with only a few ingredients but the end result is spectacular. Set this to cook in your slow cooker before heading out to work and you will come home to a fragrant kitchen and a dinner that's ready! Serve with steamed broccoli and mashed sweet potatoes.
4 lb boneless beef pot roast (also called blade roast)
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1. Place the pot roast into a medium to large slow cooker.
2. Add in cream of mushroom soup.
3. Rinse out container with a splash of water and add to slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle package of dry onion soup mix on top of pot roast.
4. Cover slow cooker and cook pot roast for 4 to 6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
5. Once cooked, remove twine from around pot roast. The meat will shred apart easily for serving.
6. Skim fat off of gravy that is created in the show cooker and serve with pot roast.
7,. Serve pot roast with steamed vegetables such as broccoli or beans and mashed Yukon gold potatoes or sweet potatoes.