Add some flavour to your summer and indulge in a batch of homemade salsa.
This is the perfect snack for game night, social gatherings, a lazy night in or a quick meal.
Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 10 min
1 bag of shredded cheese
2 500 ml tubs of sour cream
1 large jar (750 ml) of your favourite salsa
3 fresh bell peppers
1 bunch of green onions
1 small jar of green olives
- Begin by gathering your bell peppers and green onions and cutting them into small pieces. Put them aside into a separate bowl.
- Next, get a shallow, medium sized serving or casserole dish and pour the salsa into it, filling about a quarter of the dish.
- Add a layer of sour cream (500 ml) on top of the salsa.
- Sprinkle half the bag of shredded cheese above the salsa and sour cream layer.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to create a second layer of salsa, sour cream and cheese.
- Add the chopped peppers along with the green onions.
- Add the sliced green olives and if you like it spicy, add some hot sauce.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!