Looking for some tart lemon flavour in a sweet summer treat? Look no further than this lemon blackberry muffin recipe!
Makes approximately 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temp.
- 3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tbsp granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° F and line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, combine lemon juice and milk and let sit for 5 minutes (this creates the flavour of buttermilk without the actual buttermilk).
- In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternatively to the butter mixture until just combined, then add lemon zest.
- Gently fold in blackberries, reserving 12 for the tops of each muffin.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners and top each with the leftover blackberries.
- Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.