Every year towards the end of summer I see baskets of gorgeous local peaches in the grocery store and I never buy them, assuming we won't be able to eat them all before they go bad. This year I bought that basket of peaches anyway, and then I made this delicious loaf.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 60 minutes
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon instant hot chocolate mix
2 ripe bananas, peeled
2 large fresh peaches - peeled, pitted, and diced
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
3 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour the bottom of a 5x9-inch loaf pan.
- Beat white sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar and hot chocolate mix; stir well.
- Place bananas, peaches, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a blender; blend until smooth. Stir into butter mixture well.
- Mix flour, baking powder and pecans together in a separate bowl; stir into fruit-butter mixture until flour mixture is just moistened. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until a fork inserted in the centre of the bread comes out clean, approximately 60 - 65 minutes depending on your oven. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
Peach icing on top of this loaf is delicious!
Make peach icing by using your traditional icing recipe and replace the milk with a ripe peach that has been blended in the blender. You may have to add a bit more icing sugar to get the right consistency. Just add 1/4 cup of extra icing sugar at a time and beat with an electric mixer until it has the consistency you want.