Autumn is definitely my favourite season. I love the colours of the trees and wearing sweaters and jeans, but most of all I love the seasonal foods – especially pumpkin. I decided to put a pumpkin spin on my banana pancake recipe and also added in a few spices. The final creation was so delicious I just had to share it with you!
Prep Time - 8 minutes
Serves 2-3 people
¾ cup banana – mashed (approx. 2 bananas)
¼ tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup pure pumpkin pie filling
Coconut oil (to oil frying pan)
Pure maple syrup (for serving)
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the banana and pumpkin pie filling. “Fork” together until there aren’t any lumps.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk together until a smooth and creamy texture is achieved.
- Add the coconut oil to a medium sized frying pan and turn on medium heat.
- Using a large tablespoon, slowly add the pancake mix to the frying pan (2 tablespoons of pancake mix per pancake).
- Cook until each pancake can easily be scooped up with a spatula, then flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon on top and serve with maple syrup.