Warm up as the cooler weather arrives with a delicious spiced lentil soup recipe that's easy to make.
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium onion – chopped
2 medium carrots – thinly sliced
3 stalks of celery – thinly sliced
2 medium zucchini - sliced
2 cups of red lentils – soaked
2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
1 cup filtered water
2 900 ml cartons of vegetable broth
3 tbsp. curry
½ tsp. of cayenne pepper
3 tsp. turmeric
1 clove of garlic – minced
1 thumb of ginger – grated
6 springs of parsley – chopped
- Soak lentils in filtered water for 10 minutes.
- In a large pot, add olive oil on medium heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook until onion becomes soft.
- Add vegetable broth, salt, lentils and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add curry, cayenne pepper, turmeric and zucchini. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add parsley.
- Cover and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Let cool before serving!