For the sixth year, Arts on the Credit, the annual juried fine art show created by Marie Payne and Elysia Prokopetz will highlight the curated work of over 40 remarkable artists at the prestigious Waterside Inn in Port Credit.
This annual and exciting event happens from 11am-5pm on April 8th and 9th, with a very affordable $5.00 admission charge.
Says Marie Payne, “There is so much fabulous work, I had a difficult time choosing which images to send out. I really am proud of the work that will be showing this year. It just gets better & better. We have come a long way in 6 years and our unique show is now established as the place to be each year.”
Highly skilled fine artists will exhibit side by side with established local artists, giving art lovers a unique opportunity to not only view some of the best art in Ontario, but also to understand the creative processes of the artists that will be on hand to discuss their work. By combining art, community and conversation, Arts on the Credit attracts thousands of visitors each year from all over, to discover, re-connect and purchase work from the artists.
This year, Arts on the Credit has partnered with Sheridan College to sponsor a recent graduate from their Art & Design: Glass program — Courtney Downman, an award-winning artist, and currently artist-in-residence at the Living Arts Centre, Mississauga. The door prize this year is an original painting by Dave Froude.
There are plenty of local artists participating as well, that include:
1. Courtney Downman, glass artist, grad of Sheridan College, our sponsored artist, has residency at the Living Arts Centre
2. Genevieve Patchell, www.facebook.com/genevieve-patchell
3. Ian Stewart, woodworker
4. Leo Dias, fine artist, www.leodias.ca
5. Sue Archibald, fine artist, www.facebook.com/suearchibaldart
6. Maria Iva, fine artist, www.mariaiva.com
7. Layal Annan, fine artist, www.layalannan.com
8. Nada Annan, fine artist, www.nadaannan.wordpress.com
9. Sjon de Groot, fine artist, www.sjondegroot.com
10. Huan Chen, fine artist
11. Dave Froude, fine artist, www.facebook.com/paintings-by-dave-froude
12. Alison Syer, textile artists, fine artist, www.alisonsyer.com
13. Aisha Khan, fine artist, www.aishakhanart.com
14. Liliane Lear, textile artist, fine artist www.vraifil.com
15. Elysia Prokopetz, glass artist, www.glass-butterfly.com
16. Annette Seip, photographer, www.nettiephotography.com
17. Gabby Tutak, fine artist, www.gabbytutak.com
For more information, please visit www.artsonthecredit.ca