The Glenerin Inn has launched their summer menu and Modern Mississauga stopped by to sample a few of the creations made by the talented Executive Chef Roomie, who’s been with the team for over 15 years.
A few items from the lunch menu include:
- Grilled Steak Sandwich, consisting of sliced beef strip loin, sautéed mushrooms & onions, provolone cheese on Ace Bakery bun with fries on the side.
- Fish tacos, consisting of beer battered haddock, soft tortilla, guacamole, salsa & sour cream, mixed greens tossed with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Cobb Salad, made up of grilled chicken, bacon, eggs, tomato, avocado, nestled on iceberg lettuce, with vinaigrette dressing.
If you’re looking to head out for dinner, the Glenerin Inn has you covered with a delicious selection of meals, including:
- A beautiful Charcuterie Board, which has prosciutto, spicy capicola, pancetta, spicy Italian sausage, olives, cherry tomatoes, grilled vegetables & pickled vegetables, roasted smelt, fresh artisan bread and pita bread.
- A Roasted Venison Rack cooked to perfection with Port cranberry sauce (which was one of our favourites!)
- Three Cheese Cannelloni, featuring a seasonal mixture of ricotta, mozzarella & Monterey Jack and baked in marinara sauce.
We sat down with General Manager Jason Mercier to learn more about the menu and this “elegant retreat in a historic urban setting.”
Jason says they change menus three times a year to stay current and to also reflect the changing trends in the dining scene. What may be popular in winter will be different from what’s popular in summer.
It illustrates that they’re forward thinking and want to ensure their guests don’t get bored.
Executive Chef Roomie is given “carte blanche” freedom over the menu and constantly finds and creates dishes that people are going to enjoy. He and Jason find out what’s trending and they’re also inspired by the season when it comes to selecting what goes on the new menus.
Of Chef Roomie, Jason proudly says “he understand the market and understands his guests…his goal is to look after our guests. He has a very strong feeling and sense of ownership, is given the ability to put his fingerprints on the menu and truly loves his customers.”
We asked Jason what one of his favourite dishes is and he promptly responded with either a steak or Branzino fish, as the Chef is exceptionally talented on the grill. Based on what we sampled, we'll absolutely vouch for the Chef's exceptional grill skills.
Looking forward, the next forward steps for the Glenerin Inn and Spa are to attract more guests, introduce folks to their mid-week meals and to entice people and companies to hold their events and meetings there. Jason simply says he wants to “make it a business and dining destination.” They’ve certainly got the atmosphere and location aspect locked up nicely as it’s one of the more beautiful venues in the city.
Offering breakfast six days a week and Sunday brunch, along with full lunch and dinner services and versatile dining rooms, Jason and his team will be offering a BBQ menu and live music on Thursday nights starting in June for the summer.
For more information, visit www.glenerininn.com