These delightful cookies are sweet with a little tartness from the strawberries, and completely delicious! Super moist and chewy, they’re a little bit of a lacey cookie (just around the edges). They’re also gluten-free, but you’d never know!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 20 cookies
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt ¾ cup packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Whisk together almond meal, oats, salt, baking powder, and set aside.
- Coarsely chopped strawberries, and set aside.
- Whisk together your egg, vanilla and coconut oil, and vanilla (make egg and coconut oil are room temp, or the coconut oil will get too hard)
- Add your wet to dry and mix well (mixture may appear dry but will get more moist when strawberries are added).
- Fold in strawberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon in heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Let cool on cookie sheet and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe and want to find more like it, head on over to www.shockinglyhealthy.com/blog, and be sure to follow us on social media @shockinglyhealthy.
To find out where to buy Shockingly Healthy desserts near you, head on over to http://shockinglyhealthy.com/store-locator/
Lauren Breuer is a holistic nutritionist, former personal trainer and the CEO of Shockingly Healthy