Elena V. Wolfe is an upcoming actor who is currently starring in the new hit television series Star Falls, airing on Nickelodeon. Additionally, this Mississauga native is also a writer and is working on her debut novel COZ and the Invisible City. The novel is inspired by Rudyard Kipling’s short story Children of the Zodiac and centres around three mythical children fallen from the constellations in search of an enchanted city deep beneath the earth.
We had the opportunity to chat with the talented and ambitious Elena about career highlights, the inspiration behind her novel and much more!
1. What inspired you to become a professional actress?
Growing up I watched a lot of television because my parents both worked. I guess it was around that time when I decided I wanted to be just like the people on TV (Specifically DJ Tanner)
2. What's been the highlight of your career so far?
I think the highlight of my career has been auditioning for Game of Thrones and getting to meet some of the execs on my callbacks, and no I didn’t get the role, but I wish! I realize this isn’t the most glamorous of highlights, but if you knew how big of a Game of Thrones fan I was, you’d understand!
3. Do you like pineapple on your pizza?
Yes! Hawaiian pizza is the absolute greatest.
4. What's been the biggest challenge in your professional journey? How did you over come it?
Self-doubt. It is such a terrible thing, and I think we all experience it. In a way it’s a necessary evil, because it builds character and a tough shell. The only way to overcome self-doubt is to keep your focus on the goals, keep pushing, and keep working.
5. What inspired you to write your first novel?
I’ve always wanted to write a novel. So I guess you could say I’ve been inspired since I was in grade 2, the first time I’d ever written a book— my very own adaptation of The Clifford the Big Red Dog series!
6. What do the next two years look like for you?
I wish I had a crystal ball to tell me! But I see myself writing acting and hopefully doing more community service.
7. What advice would you give 20 year old Elena?
If you find yourself in a position of indecisiveness, always trust the feeling in your gut over the advice of another.
8. What advice do you have for other up and coming actors/writers?
Look for inspiration everywhere you go, pay attention to everything around you, and sometimes just put that phone away!
9. Iceland or Australia - where would you go first for a two-week trip?