[PRESENTED BY MEDICAL MART]
Urinary incontinence can happen at any age for any number of reasons. It is estimated that up to 15% of men and 50% of women experience urinary incontinence. It is common for people to have mild post-void drips or excess leakage after urination.
Urinary incontinence is a topic that people just don’t like to talk about as it can lead to social embarrassment. There is no need to be burdened with feelings of shame or live in fear that others will discover your condition.
Chat with a close friend who has the same experiences as you; they will understand and may be able to offer you guidance based on their experiences. Medical supply stores have trained staff that can help guide you with finding a solution in managing your problem. Health care professionals have a profound understanding of the condition and how it can affect you medically and psychologically. You do not have to live with incontinence, please see your doctor. Intervention can change your life significantly for the better.
At Medical Mart Home Healthcare Store, we carry an extensive variety of incontinence products to help provide reliable protection. Here are some common incontinence supplies:
- Disposable briefs & protective underwear - Some look like elastic-banded underwear as they pull on and off like normal briefs. Others have tape on the sides, so they are adjustable and can be easily removed. These products are super absorbent, control odor, and are perfect for moderate to heavy urinary or fecal incontinence.
- Bladder Control Pads and Liners - Designed to absorb the rapid dispersion of urine. These discreet sanitary products help to control bladder and bowel leaks. They are made with a fabric that draws moisture away from the skin that eliminates urine odor. These products are typically for levels of incontinence that exert some stress on the abdomen like coughing, sneezing, laughing, or lifting a heavy object.
- Wipes, Washcloths, Dry Wipes and Under Pads – These accessories are important at maintaining a healthy routine and they provide a convenient way of sanitizing and protecting the skin from excessive moisture or dryness.
- Catheters – Tubes that help to drain urine from your bladder from either urinary incontinence (leakage), urinary retention (not being able to urinate), or another health problem. Other accessories include lubricating jelly, leg bags, bed side bags and catheter trays.
- Incontinent Skin Care products - Formulated and designed to protect the skin and prevent odor.
- Other urological supplies include enema products, irrigation, and condom catheters.
There is no need to worry about having an embarrassing accident in public, you can go back to being positive and enjoying your life.
Visit Medical Mart for all your health care needs.
Medical Mart Heartland Town Centre
Matheson Blvd. West, Unit 101 Mississauga ON L5R 4B8
Easily accessible by bus route 66 McLaughlin (McLaughlin and Matheson)
Phone: (905) 624-2011 Toll Free: (800) 379-4780
Hours: Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm