One of my favourite and easiest meals to make is this Mediterranean Comfort Pasta. With only a handful of ingredients, this is an easy fix for when you're in a hurry and also is perfect for leftovers. It's my go-to comfort food meal, and there's something about home cooking that tastes great.
Linguine pasta (or your favourite type)
3-5 tablespoons of olive oil
5 shallots sliced
1 large garlic clove crushed
10-15 grape tomatoes sliced lengthwise
200 grams (or more as desired) of spiced salami slices, thinly sliced
1/2 cup (or more as desired) of diced Greek feta cheese
2 tablespoons of dried oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Truffle oil to drizzle (optional)
- Add enough oil to coat the pan; turn heat to medium.
- Add sliced shallots, cook until transparent.
- Add salami slices.
- Add garlic clove when salami slices begin to crisp and aromas are noticeable.
- Add sliced grape tomatoes, oregano, salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly and cook at medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add feta cheese to pan and increase heat to med-high; mix to avoid burning.
- When the feta cheese is starting to melt and beginning to bubble, lower heat to medium. Taste and season accordingly, then remove from heat and pour over cooked linguine noodles.
- Serve with freshly shredded Parmesan cheese and drizzled truffle oil.
Brigitte is the founder of www.thefoodtease.com. Check out her culinary adventures on Instagram.