Ah, bread, the versatile food component that appears on nearly everyone's shopping list.
While the pre-made stuff can be good, here's an easy and delicious recipe that offers lots of flavour, fruits and a touch of sweetness.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup finely chopped pineapple
1.5 cups of ripe banana, mashed (about 3 medium)
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 9x5 loaf pans and set aside.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Using a kitchen stand mixer or a large bowl, cream together the two sugars and butter.
Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined. Stir in pineapple and banana. Then fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Pour batter evenly into the two greased loaf pans.
Optionally, sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips and/or place some sliced banana/pineapple pieces on top.
5. Bake for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool completely before taking loaves out of pans.
Feel free to check out more recipes via my Instagram account: EAT_LOVE_BE_HEALTHY
Kat Maltarp, BSc. is a Certified Personal Trainer and Registered Health & Exercise Practitioner.