Modern Mississauga presents Ask The City - Do I need a permit to take my engagement or wedding photos in a park?

Modern Mississauga and the City of Mississauga have come together to present an ongoing series called “Ask the City.”
We’ll share relevant information here and answer your questions about our city.
Today’s question is about permit requirements for taking group photos in a park. 


Do I need a permit to take my engagement or wedding photos in a park?

The City of Mississauga offers several park locations for photo opportunities. A permit is required for wedding photos or any kind of group photography (engagement, family photos etc.) in a City park.  

A permit will only be issued for one of the City’s 14 designated photography sites. The cost is $125 (including tax) for a 90 minute block of time which includes arrival, photographs and departure from park. Mississauga residents can request a permit to reserve their time up to 10 months in advance. Reservations are issued on a first come, first served basis. Remote-controlled or other powered devices, including drones, are not permitted in the parks.

To request a photography permit, visit the Recreation Customer Service Centre on the Ground Floor of Central Library, 301 Burnhamthorpe Rd W. or call 905-615-4100 on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For more information, visit our webpage:

If you’ve got a question about the City, we want to hear from you.
Please send your questions to with “Ask The City” in the subject line