These nutritious and delicious zucchini & broccoli fritters are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacking - with this recipe, fritter time can be any time!
Makes about 12 fritters
2 zucchinis, shredded
4 broccoli stalks, finely chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 a sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp each of: onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper
Coconut oil for pan frying
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine zucchini, broccoli and sea salt in a large bowl and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, sauté the sweet onion and garlic in a little oil until onion is soft and translucent - about 5-7 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Using either your hands or cheesecloth, wring out as much water out of the zucchini/broccoli mixture as you can. If it's too wet, it will not stick together.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, almond meal, Panko, green onions, seasonings and the cooled sautéed onion mix.
- Add this mixture to the zucchini/broccoli mixture and combine well.
- Heat up your frying pan again on med-high heat with a little oil and using your hands, form palm sized patties.* Pan fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until they are golden brown on each side.
- Once browned, put in a baking dish and bake in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes to make sure eggs are cooked.
Serve with sweet chili sauce and Greek yogurt.
*Depending on the size of your frying pan, you can make anywhere from 4-6 patties at a time.