Baking doesn't have to be a long and complicated process. This quick cake recipe will have you enjoying the fruits of your labour in no time!
Prep time: 20 min
Total time: 50 min
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp of salt
2/3 cup organic cane sugar plus 2 tbsp
3 pastured eggs
3 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8" round cake pan with butter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, measure out flour, baking powder and salt, mix to combine and then set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cane sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. Add butter, milk and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and mix until a batter is made.
- Pour batter into cake pan and gently tap to remove air bubbles and to even out. Meanwhile, mix fruit in 1 tbsp of sugar and lemon juice and pour on top of cake batter. Sprinkle the other tbsp of sugar on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with a dollop of whip cream!