Modern Mississauga presents Ask The City - Where can I apply for an accessible parking permit?

Modern Mississauga and the City of Mississauga have come together to present an ongoing series called “Ask the City.”
We’ll share relevant information here and answer your questions about our city.

Today’s question is about parking permits. 

forward movement.jpg

Where can I apply for an accessible parking permit?

You can apply for an accessible parking permit, known as a Provincial Disabled Parking Permit through the Ministry of Transportation website.

Anyone with a valid Provincial Disabled Parking Permit who is unable to access their home due to physical access restrictions such as a sloped driveway or trees preventing ramps to deploy, etc. can apply for a City-issued Disabled Parking Permit. This type of permits will allow you to park on the street in front of your home.

Applications are available online and completed forms must be dropped off in person at 3235 Mavis Rd. from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

All applications are processed within 10 business days. Parking Enforcement staff will assess your property within this time frame to ensure it meets the requirements and contact the customer directly.

Once the permit is ready, it can be picked up at 3235 Mavis Rd., mailed, faxed or emailed.

For more information about parking permits, please email or call 3-1-1 (905-615-4100 outside City limits).

If you’ve got a question about the City, we want to hear from you!

Please send your questions to with “Ask the City” in the subject line.