Modern Mississauga and the City of Mississauga have come together to present an ongoing series called “Ask the City.” We’ll share relevant information here and answer your questions about our city.
Today’s question is about the Pingstreet App.
What is the Pingstreet App and what I can use it for?
Pingstreet is a free mobile app lets you report a problem or get real-time information from the City of Mississauga, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Through the app, you can access City news, meeting and events, the City’s corporate Twitter feed, Mayor and Council contact information, waste collection schedules from the Region of Peel and much more. You can also submit a request for a temporary parking permit.
Using a smartphone or tablet, Pingstreet allows you to report a problem on 28 different City service areas including, pot holes or graffiti. In addition, seven new service types have been added to the “Report a Problem” section, to assist residents in reporting:
· Lighting that is causing a problem on private property
· Long grass/weeds on private property
· Litter and dumping in City parks
· Grass cutting (height exceeds 3 inches (7.5 cm)) in City parks
· Washroom maintenance (hand dryer malfunctions, plumbing issues) in City parks
· Sports field maintenance (debris clean up, supplies replenishment, irrigation issues)
· Overflowing garbage cans in City parks
There is also a new mapping feature that allows you to identify the specific park by entering the park name or selecting a location from an interactive map.
You can download the Pingstreet app on your smartphone or tablet at the App Store, Google Play and BlackBerry World.
For a complete list of app features, visit mississauga.ca/pingstreet
If you’ve got a question about the City, we want to hear from you!
Please send your questions to email@example.com with “Ask the City” in the subject line.