The long-running and popular Streetsville Bread & Honey Festival happens this year from Friday, May 31 to Sunday, June 2nd.
Here are seven fun facts about this award-winning festival in quaint Streetsville!
1. Now in its 47th year, The Bread and Honey Festival is the second longest and largest running festival in all of Ontario!
2. This exciting annual tradition is held at Streetsville Memorial Park.
What you may not know is that the park is a natural amphitheater situated on a gorgeous 30 acres overlooking the picturesque Credit River.
3. The Bread and Honey Festival has been a Top 100 Festival in Ontario for 10 years in a row!
4. The festival reflects the rich history, time honoured traditions and encompasses the strong community spirit of our town dating all the way back to 1821, which is also when the flour mill was built by Timothy Street.
5. There’s live entertainment for all everyone of all ages, spread across three stages. There’s an exciting Country Night on Friday and tons of great, talented musicians and artists over all three days.
The main stage, children's stage and a community stage are full of local and remarkable talent.
6. The original vision of offering an affordable and fun family festival, while giving back to the community, is still the primary objective. Through nearly five decades, this remains their top priority and is consistently achieved.
7. The Streetsville Bread and Honey Festival is involved in “Saving the Bees.”
The festival partners, many businesses and organizations are active promoting and educating the public in protecting our bees.