Entering they’re sophomore year, Mississauga VegFest (MVF) happens on Saturday, May 11th, 2019 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm at Port Credit Arena.
Here are six wonderful reasons to attend:
1. Free Admission: MVF and all its mini events are completely free!
2. Something new for our City: MVF is the first event of its kind for Mississauga. Our festival started as an idea to bring veganism to share with the community and quickly grew to Ontario’s largest Vegfest. In 2018 we attracted nearly 10,000 people to the Port Credit area, they came from all over the GTHA and our furthest attendee was from Buffalo NY! We welcome everyone, I mean everyone, to spend the day with us, eat some great food, shop, learn a little about what veganism is and what it means to us and to have a great time.
3. KidSanctuary: This is the heart of Mississauga Vegfest. KidSanctuary is located on the upper floor of the Arena and has an all-day schedule of FREE mini events created for Kids. The events include group-led crafts, music classes, dancing, cooking workshops, a Zumba class and a woodworking workshop. There is also an all-day eco-workshop called “Lettuce Learn Academy” where kids can participate in activities geared towards learning about our environment and how to be more eco-conscious. There will also be all day activities such as face-painting, colouring, a dramatic play area, a reading nook and sensory tables for very young children.
4. Food Food Food and More: Be prepared to eat! With 100+ vendors there is something for everyone. We will have tons of food, food trucks, beauty & personal products, clothing, décor and more. Everything is 100% cruelty free.
5. We Listen: Since the crowds for MVF were unexpected there was some crowding. We heard the feedback and have made some big changes for 2019! MVF is an indoor/outdoor festival this May which will provide plenty of space for all the strollers, our elderly, and our friends with accessibility needs. We want everyone to be able to fully enjoy their experience and are working on making MVF safe and enjoyable for everyone.
6. Sanctuaries: Someone has to be the leader and care for the animals that we are all fighting for and our sanctuaries are those heroes. Before you go home please take a moment to check out the rescues and sanctuaries and learn about their animals and initiatives, maybe even volunteer for a work visit or apply to be a foster or donor. Mississauga Vegfest and the animals will thank you!